If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch it. Lots of cursing and some, okay, lots of violence, but a great movie. And Brad Pitt looks great with his shirt off. Just sayin'.
Christmas Story. Too bad it's a holiday movie. It's filled with so many classic lines, I'd watch it year round!
Here are just a few of my favs:
"Kill the queen!"
"She's so drunk!"
"Bye! Bye! Bye!"
"You got some red on you."
Shaun of the Dead
Great flick. Seriously. I love it. A lot. I'm a true fan.
Have I mentioned I adore this movie?
- Live and Let Live.
- Negativity is my disease asking me to come out and play.
- Just because you’re having a bad day, doesn’t mean you’re having a bad life.
- Sometimes the hardest decision in life is which bridge to cross and which one to burn.
- Resentments take a lot of work. They need to be held close, fed, and kept warm. Cause if you don’t take good care of them, they die. And then what good would resentment be if it died?
- Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday so live in the now.
- If I have one eye on yesterday and one eye on tomorrow, I’ll be cockeyed today.
- Today is a very important day! It’s the only day you may have!
- Are you comparing your insides to someone else’s outsides?
- Would I rather be right, or would I rather be happy?
- It takes a powerful man to rule over all with a loud voice. It takes a truly wise man to change one person’s view with a whisper.
- Humility is a perpetual quietness of heart. (from Dr. Bob’s desk plaque).
- If God made anything better than this, He kept it for Himself!
- I may not always know God’s will, but I always know what His will is not.
- If the grass is greener on the other side, it must be because of all the fertilizer they are putting on it.
- Things aren’t necessarily going wrong just because they aren’t going my way.
- Say what you mean, mean what you say.
- We are not failing as long as we are trying.
- I don’t always know how to make it better but I sure know how to make it worse but I’ll always keep on trying.
- By changing attitudes and finding solutions through our program of recovery, we can regain freedom and joy.
- We must become the change we want to see – Ghandi
- Love is less a feeling than a thousand tiny acts of kindness.
- Keep your acceptance level high and your expectation level low.
- There are several paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is still the same.
- I cannot mend if I bend the truth.
- Take the program seriously, not yourself.
- When you are in fear you should remember to go to your HP and T.R.U.S.T. = Try Really Using Step Three.
- The problem with isolation is I’m the only one I get my solutions from.
- When I’m alone and thinking, I’m behind enemy lines.
- Isolation is the dark room I enter to develop my negatives.
- This is my opinion. If you don’t agree or like what I have to say, then pray for me because I always want to improve and I always want to get better.
(Early post this week because I have family fun filled planned this weekend. Hope you do too!)